Saturday, March 16, 2019

Pi and Pentagons

Happy Pi Day (March 14).   This week, I'm working on a new project with pentagons and Greek letters.  Of course this includes the most important Greek letter for geometry, pi.






It took quite a while to figure out the right colors of thread to use for this project.  My previous free standing lace project used variegated thread at it turned out very well.  For this project, I digitized all the designs myself, so the texture of the lace turned out a bit different.

When I tried this will all one color variegated thread,  it just didn't work.  The pi didn't stand out particularly.
I tried using contrasting colors of variegated thread, in this case yellow/white, orange/white, and red/white.
This really didn't work either, and the lace is starting to get a plaid look.  Definitely not what I was going for.

I tried a solid color thread.
The lack of contrast didn't thrill me.

I tried black and white for maximum contrast.
This is starting to go somewhere, but it's pretty boring in the color department.

I finally tried the yellow/green mix at the top and that was about the effect I was hoping for.

Come back next week for an update on what this is all for.

No comments:

Post a Comment